Sunday, February 8, 2009

Banana pudding with Nutter Butters

I have to start by saying I might be biased because I LOVE banana pudding and I LOVE Nutter Butters, but this was delicious! It wasn't too weird for me to do something other than Nilla Wafers b/c I've been making Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding with Chessmen Cookies for awhile now. I like that recipe so much that I used it instead either of the versions Southern Living recommends, and just used Nutter Butters for my cookies. I used sweetened whipped cream instead of Cool Whip also.

Joe took this to a meeting he was going to yesterday and he says everyone liked the Nutter Butter substitution. (He would tell me that to spare my feelings even if they put it all in the garbage though.) I made a small batch for us at home also (of course!). You really need to make it a few hours before serving, because it's much better to serve and eat after the Nutter Butters get soft.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Tonya! I agree with you -- I think I prefer my banana pudding recipe rather than the Southern Living one. When I make the new recipe I will also just change out the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was lots of food at the ghosthunter gathering and this pudding was the first thing to be eaten up completely! And they were draging spoons along the sides of the dish to get more. No joke. It beat out pizza.

    ReplyDelete