Monday, February 2, 2009

I think I need a food mill!

Angie, I'm sorry I missed the Superbowl party ... and the yummy snacks!

Tonight's dinner was good but not especially photogenic. I made the Barefoot Contessa's roasted tomato basil soup and served it with grilled havarti sandwiches made on my indispensable little indoor grill/panini press.

I was hoping I would be able to peel the tomato skins off the tomatoes after they roasted in the oven, but they had cooked too long by then and were coming apart. I don't have a food mill like she uses in the recipe, and I wonder if the food mill would keep the tomato skins out of the soup. I used my stick blender, so the skins were completely blended in, but I think it gave it a bit of a weird texture. I don't think food mills cost much, so I might have to find room in my cabinet for one. Ina Garten always uses it for her mashed potatoes too and I'd like to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment