Sunday, March 8, 2009

Vegetables!

Lately vegetables have been devoid in my meals. After a few days of that I start to feel icky and begin to plan a week of fruits and vegetables. In my slow cooker AS WE SPEAK is a pound of stewing beef (pre-cut from HEB), 2 cans of tomato sauce, a cup of left over red wine, a large can of diced tomatoes, half an onion, couple of small potatoes, half a cabbage, and 1/2 a bag each of frozen green beans and frozen corn. Spices are a hodge podge of Italian seasons, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. I will eat this for dinner tonight and lunches this week and freeze the left overs when I start to think NO MORE SOUP!

Also during this week I am going to eat yogurt (Brown Cow brand vanilla), fresh strawberry and granola parfaits for breakfast and grapes for a snack. By the end of the day I should have 4 servings of vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment