Friday, May 1, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls


I love this new blog I am following, the Pioneer Woman. She has great recipes with beautiful pictures. This morning I made her classic cinnamon rolls. I halved the recipe since I did not think I needed SEVEN PANS of rolls. It was a super easy dough recipe, however I am inexperienced so until it was too late I did not know my dough was too wet. As I was trying to roll up the dough, and it was sticking to the counter (despite the flour) and the butter and brown sugar started to leak out, I used a spatula and threw the entire thing in a 13 x 9 inch pan. And they came out delicious!! David said they were "very good". He never says ANYTHING is very good. Sometimes I get a "not bad" which really is two negative words equalling a positive. Hah!
My dad, who received half the rolls, said "The cinnamon rolls are delicious. It is the best thing I think you have made." And now David says he agrees. WOW.


(The only change I made to the recipe was brown sugar on the dough rather than white sugar. And the recipe does halve easily)

No comments:

Post a Comment