Thursday, May 14, 2009

Potato Salad Throwdown!

I need your help ladies!

My aunt is hosting a Memorial Day get-together for my family. We are all e-mailing each other to let the group know what dish each family is bringing. I offered to make potato salad.

My mom e-mailed the group the next day to say that she is also going to make potato salad, since one person can't make that much. Translation: "Tonya's potato salad cannot possibly be as good as mine, so I am going to make my own batch so everyone will have something decent to eat."

So naturally, I sent an e-mail to my entire extended family issuing a potato throwdown challenge against my mother. Did I mention that I have never made potato salad before?

Right now I'm leaning toward the Barefoot Contessa's recipe, since Ina has never let me down before. I also like this one because it's very different from the traditional potato salad my mom makes. If anyone has any recipe suggestions though, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment