Friday, June 12, 2009

Blueberry Muffins


Apparently 1,000,000 people read this blog, because they all showed up at the blueberry farm this morning to greet me. Who knew, that at 8:30 am on a Friday, there would already be 100 cars full of people picking my blueberries?! By the time my parents and I had picked our 5 pounds there were probably 200 cars including every stay at home mom along with their little children. Sadly, little children, the only available berries were at the tops of the bushes. To reach these you have to pull the branch to you and pick pick pick. My dad had several war wounds of bleeding arms from the branches. I must be more careful, because I just have a couple of scratches, and picked less berries.


I made this blueberry muffin recipe HEAVY on adaptations. They were:



  • 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour rather than 2 cups all-purpose

  • no lemon zest as I had none ( I need to grocery shop)

  • buttermilk rather than milk (yes, need to grocery shop)

  • added 1 cup of unsweetened coconut

  • added about 1/2 cup of pecans

  • used 2 cups of blueberries

  • no topping as I was hungry and anxious to eat them. Plus, I want to lose 4 lbs.


2 comments:

  1. Some of those blue berries are mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Scrumptious! Bring some over tomorrow pls. Luv mom. My name is my sign off to the kid's blog. I've tried to change it, but don't see how. Anyway have a good ride tonight and wish me well at the protest. :-))

    ReplyDelete