Monday, June 22, 2009

June 21, 2009 Gathering (Ina Garten Theme)

Two of our gals were missing today, which meant more food for the rest of us. I think I grazed for 3 hours straight.

I picked the main dish and decided on a theme of using Ina Garten recipes. We all agreed that we have never made a recipe of Ina's that was not delicious so it worked out well.


Appetizers - Carol
Carol made 2 of Ina's appetizers: Parmesan Crackers and Pan Fried Onion Dip. Both were so delicious!! Carol also brought a beautiful platter of other goodies. These were prosciutto and melon, stuffed tomatoes with bacon, stuffed snow peas with dill and cute cucumbers with tomatoes and olives. The snow peas were my favorite!



Salad - Teresa



Teresa's Bibb Salad with Basil Green Goddess Dressing was one of the best salads I have ever had. The dressing was perfect - it tasted so fresh! It was a deconstructed salad and so delicious!! I think you could use the bibb lettuce, dressing, and any vegetable you wanted and Teresa used English cucumbers and tomatoes. Avocado would have been nice too.
Main Dish - Angie



Sorry for the out of focus photo.. I was getting excited about eating! Roasted Shrimp with Orzo was very good. We let it sit about an hour, but I am thinking today's appetizers will be even better! The dill is the star of the recipe and it was a great combination of flavors. It is a perfect make ahead dish that can refrigerate overnight.

Dessert - Janet



Janet made two perfectly cute Coconut cakes. So tasty!! One modification Janet made was poking the cakes and pouring on some coconut milk, which made for a sweet, distinct taste.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so good. I'm sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete