Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blueberry Crumb Cake



I'm sorry to say I have not been cooking anything photo-worthy lately. I don't think any of you would be interested in my plating style for the Frito Pie I made yesterday.

There is always time for dessert though, judging by the number of recipes we have tagged so far on our blog. This is Ina Garten's Blueberry Crumb Cake. I really do need to work on my Barefoot Contessa addiction, but I've never had one of her recipes flop yet. It's comforting!

This cake turned out very pretty, and the lemon zest/blueberry combo is delicious. My streusel topping was really hard though, not crumbly like I thought it would be. Next time I might hold back some of the topping to add later in baking, or try a streusel recipe from some muffins I've made before.

Hope you gals are having a good holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I will make that when I get back! I have some frozen blueberries.

    ReplyDelete