Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nice Buns!



This meal began with my search for a recipe for slow cooker pulled pork, but along the way I decided to make my own buns also. It may be the carb addict in me, but I think the bread ended up being the star of the show.

I went with the recipe for Beautiful Burger Buns on the King Arthur Flour website. Teresa, you will be happy to know that I made absolutely no recipe modifications! I had not baked bread in a very long time and forgot how wonderful it smells. These were definitely better than the buns in the bakery section in the store, and forget about even trying to compare them to the buns in a bag on the bread aisle.

For the pulled pork, I just ended up winging it. I made a rub with brown sugar, salt, cumin, Emeril's seasoning, chili powder and black pepper. I added some worcestershire sauce, and cooked on low for about 8 hours. After draining off all of the fat and juice that cooked out of the pork, I shredded the meat with a couple of forks, added a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce, and cooked on low for another hour. I think Joe will be happy if this makes it into the regular rotation.

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful indeed! Thanks for posting! I haven't cooked much lately... but Friday is a dinner I am hosting for my inlaws and Sunday is cooking group, of course! Please help me with pictures!

    ReplyDelete