Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cookie Exchange 2009

We had 8 cookies and 6 people... one could not make it, but brought cookies anyway, and dear Carol made two cookies to represent her and Teresa. Yippee! The picture above shows Michelle's Angel Wings, Angelica's Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark, Janet's Gingerdoodles, Carol's Brownies and Sand Tarts and part of Adriana's Krinkle Cookies.

For some reason, the official Cookie Exchange photographer did not take a picture of ALL the cookies, including mine, Toffee Caramel Squares.

My cookies won best tasting at my office's cookie exchange, which brings my reign to two years. They are easy and very tasty!

Tonya's Buttermilk Pralines (also not photographed.. must get new photographer...) won for best tasting and they were delicious! They melt in your mouth without being too sweet.

Carol's Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Brownies were voted prettiest. Carol iced and decorated five different ways. The coffee powder is a perfect addition to all the chocolate and really adds a nice flavor.




Here is Angelica, me, Tonya, Carol, Janet (with sleek, straight 'do!) and Michelle. Oh! And there are my cookies in the bottom right corner.




I wanted to serve savory appetizers to keep us all from going in to sugar comas. I made a double batch of my mom's famous vegetable dip:


1 packet Zesty Italian seasonings packet
8 oz cream cheese (can use low fat)
4 oz sour cream (can use low fat)

Mix all with a hand mixer and then use some milk to change to the thickness you like. You can also add more garlic salt or other herbs (I added some fresh rosemary).


I also served Florentine Artichoke Dip . As suggested by a reviewer, I made the following adjustments: used 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts (cut up) and only 1 block of cream cheese. I think this was every one's favorite appetizer!


For drinks I had Hot Apple Cider, and a fruit punch with cranberry, pineapple and orange juices and ginger ale. I realized later I neglected to add the ginger ale to the punch. Oops. I also added a small jar of cherries and floated frozen orange slices to keep it cool.


Rounding out the menu was the cheese log I had at Teresa's shower, mixed nuts, cheese, sausage, fruit and crackers.


Here we are again at another angle... we pose so nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment