Monday, April 26, 2010

Salmon and berries (but not at the same time)

I went through my "to be cooked" files and found Salmon with Hoisin, Orange and Bok Choy. It is from Bon Appetit magazine and the first recipe I have made from the magazine. This recipe was so easy and so good! And I think very versatile as you could probably also use spinach rather than bok choy. And who does not love the ease of a foil packet?? I used parsley rather than cilantro but otherwise followed the recipe as is.




With summer here, I want to make desserts with fresh fruit. I found Very Berry Pie through the Tasty Kitchen blog. It was delicious! I used a pre-made pie crust and was happy I did. The "stars" of the recipe are the crumble top and the fruit and I did not even notice the bottom crust. There are no fresh cherries yet, and I could not find frozen ones, so I used strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. I also ended up using half fresh and half frozen fruit (I had frozen blueberries from last year's picking) and you could not tell at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment