Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quinoa. Huh?


I wanted to make something healthy to eat for lunches this week and I found a recipe from Self magazine for Quinoa Stir-Fry with Vegetables and Chicken. As I always do, I made some modifications. I used 1/2 pound of shrimp instead of chicken. I also used pre-slivered carrots as well as threw in some green onions I had. Finally, I opted out of including the red chile. I thought it was plenty spicy without it because of the ginger and cilantro.


I thought it turned out really tasty! Also, if you figure out how to rinse the quinoa without losing half in the process, please let me know. Or, if you even know why you have to rinse it, let me know that too!


1 comment:

  1. Rinsing it takes off the bitter core. I've had luck rinsing with a mesh strainer--the little buggers can't get through!

    ReplyDelete