Monday, July 5, 2010

Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies

Update: This cookie won 1st place in my office's cookie exchange in 2010!!!

I found a new recipe website, The Happy Cooker, that has a weekly newsletter of recipes. I have been collecting the ones I like (you have to print them as they are not archived) and finally made one.

I liked all the ingredients in these Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies, especially the part where it starts with a yellow cake mix! These received rave reviews by my friends and I liked the way they stayed chewy. Enjoy!

Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies

1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter or oil
1/4 cup water
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 (11 oz) package butterscotch morsel chips
1 cup Heath toffee bits
1 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.

In a large mixing bowl whisk together butter/oil, water, egg and vanilla until mixed well. Add cake mix and stir by hand just until mixed. Stir in butterscotch chips, toffee bits and pecans until combined. Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until lightly browned on edges. Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment