Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fish!

I made Salmon Florentine with Quinoa Pilaf tonight and it was delicious. I clipped the recipe out of a magazine, but I found it on several websites so I could link it. I did not find ricotta cheese (it was not with the cream cheese or sour cream... I guess it is with the cheddar/mozzarella??) and thought I would use some cream cheese I had left over in the fridge. The cream cheese ended up being shortening, so I instead used a couple tablespoons of butter and some Parmesan cheese and it was very tasty. Season the spinach mixture well before you put it on the salmon. Also, I think you could put in twice as many tomatoes as called for.

Quinoa is rather new to me and I like how versatile it is. I think next time I would use shallots with it, too, rather than onions, but it was still good.

3 comments:

  1. I love quinoa too! I'll have to remember to get some next time I'm at the store.

    Yes, the ricotta is usually on a shelf near the regular block/sliced/shredded cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I use cottage cheese in my lasagna so I never buy ricotta ("REE COT AH" if you are saying it like Giada would).

    ReplyDelete