- skipped the bacon
- added 3 red potatoes. I diced the potatoes and sauteed in olive oil for several minutes while I prepped the rest of the vegetables.
- used yellow onions instead of green, and added the onions, squash and celery to the potatoes to soften.
- used 4 ears of fresh corn rather than frozen corn.
- added twice as much fresh thyme since I have it in my herb garden and I love thyme.
- added salt to both the potatoes and when I added the rest of the vegetables. I then just needed a little more at the end.
This is a very tasty, sweet hearty chowder that should freeze well.