Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Three of us started with margaritas that were "shaken" at the table and served with much pizazz. Then everyone had a salad, either the house salad or the mango and avocado salad.
- Ensalada de la Casa: watercress, endive, arugula, mache, beet, xoconostle, mint, cilantro, orange and lime zest, shaved fennel, chayote,pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds.
- Ensalada de Aguacate y Mango: avocado and mango salad with blue cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Entrees ordered included:
- Evening Special: pan fried red snapper with lump crab meat, a squash tamale, blue potato mash, Swiss chard and two mussels.
- Sopa de Albondiguitas: rich, spicy broth with vegetables and small beef and pork meatballs.
- Cabrito: roasted goat meat pulled from the bone, served with nopales asados, guacamole and salsa de habanero
Though thoroughly full with the amazing dishes above, as Gourmet Gals, we pressed on to dessert, choosing four different ones and then sampling all.
- A chocolate pyramid that had a shell full of chocolate mousse and a side of ice cream.
- Crepes with caramel and a side of ice cream.
- Bread pudding with a side of ice cream.
- Chocolate cake with coffee ice cream.
All were divine and well worth the calories!