Sunday, April 10, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Cake


This cake, strawberry shortcake cake, was the most complicated cake I have ever made! And I even cheated! I realized as I began baking that I was out of sour cream, so I used a yellow cake mix and baked 2-8-inch round cakes. I let the cakes cool over night and the next day started with the strawberries and letting the butter and cream cheese (8 oz) come to room temperature.

The strawberries did not break down with a fork as easily as I hoped. The icing was easy to prepare, and tasty. When sliced, the cake was very pretty with the white frosting and red berry layers. My parents and I thought it was delicious and "blog worthy". I think I would only make this again for a special occasion as it was time consuming, if only for the hour of waiting for the strawberries to break up.

No comments:

Post a Comment