Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beef Stroganoff and a pie



My friend at work said she was going to make beef stroganoff in her slow cooker this weekend and it sounded so good that I had to make it also! I found this simple recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff and it is delicious! The only change I made was to add fresh mushrooms at the beginning. I made a bag of egg noodles (a little too many.. half a bag would have been enough) and mixed those in right before serving. I think next time I will just put it on top of the noodles rather than mixing together.





I also made a pie this weekend (that picture is not.my.pie), which used the other half of the cream cheese from the beef stroganoff. This Layered Lemon pie was pretty good but I do not think I will make it again. And if I did, I would use 1 package of lemon and 1 package of vanilla pudding as the lemon is too intense. The strawberry jam is a nice touch. My mom suggested that it be frozen and that would have been even more refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to believe that any amount of lemon flavor could be too intense!

    ReplyDelete