Sunday, July 24, 2011

Waffles



I caught an episode of America's Test Kitchens and there was a recipe for waffles with an ingredient I have never heard of, but promised to be the best waffles ever, so I had to try it. The secret ingredient is buttermilk powder, like dry milk, and it is sold in the baking aisle. I only saw one brand, and it was the brand used on tv. This is going to be my go-to instead of buttermilk from now on.

The recipe also calls for seltzer water which will make the batter light. It results in a crisp on the outside, moist on the inside waffle. The only modification I made, on the second batch, was add a dash of cinnamon and a little more vanilla. It turned out even tastier than the original recipe.








2 comments:

  1. I love waffles, but Joe prefers pancakes. It's worse than a marriage split between political parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waffles are just crispy pancakes! What is there NOT to like?! :-)

    ReplyDelete