Monday, October 31, 2011

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

I received this recipe for Caramel Apple Cupcakes in an email and loved the sound of it.  The cake is delicious and would make a wonderful bread, like banana bread.  The icing is amazing and easy to prepare.  The dough was very dry and I thought I made a mistake but when I added the apples, it became the perfect consistency.  I ended up using about 3 apples because I thought if I added all the apples that I cut up it would be so much apples that the cake would not come together.

My icing was more like a thick glaze and I think it was because I did not let it cool all the way.  You should start making the icing as the cupcakes are baking since you need to let it cool at least an hour or more.  I made 15 full size cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes and had a bowl full of icing left, so next time I will halve the icing recipe.


These were delicious and my coworkers and neighbors gobbled them up!  The cinnamon in the batter really makes these taste like fall and the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could be your coworker or neighbor!

    ReplyDelete