Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Golden Potato-Leek Soup with Cheddar Toasts

I am still in my soup making mode.  This recipe for Golden Potato-Leek Soup was easy to put together on a work night.  I did not make the cheddar toasts as the soup was my focus.  

I made some slight variations due to quantities of my available ingredients.  I used twice as much thyme sprigs because I LOVE THYME!  The vegetable broth I bought came in 32 ounces, so I used it all and did not add any water.  I also had a cup of whipping cream so I added it all and I believe the soup came out perfectly.  I left some potato chunks and the soup has a creamy texture that was not too thick and very smooth.  Before I added the cream I was concerned that I had just created a starchy, inedible mess.  Once the cream hit the warm potato mixture it came together beautifully and I was very pleased.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment