Monday, December 19, 2011

Chicken Soup

One of my favorite bloggers, The Pioneer Woman, had a recipe for Chicken Soup last week.  Perfect, seeing as I am obsessed with soups as of late!

The recipe, if you only look at it and not the blog post, fails to mention to remove the chicken, take off the meat, and return the meat to the pot.  

This is an easy, basic, chicken soup recipe.  It features parsnips, and this is the first time I have ever cooked with those.  I think the soup needs more oomph - either rice, noodles or potatoes.  And, because the entire chicken cooks in the broth, there is a lot of fat floating at the top.  I only ate a sample while it was hot and the rest I put in the refrigerator for left overs.  Then the fat congeals and I can spoon it out before heating.

The soup has a nice, gentle flavor and would be perfect for giving to someone with a cold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment