Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

I made a couple of new dishes for Christmas.  One was a squash casserole that I found from Paula Deen.  The only change I made was using Panko breadcrumbs on the top.  Leave it to Paula to take something wholesome like squash and add sour cream, butter and cheese to it.  It sure was delicious and I will make it again!

I had some left over cranberries and I used these in a cranberry apple crisp.  It turned out very well and quick to put together.  It had plenty of sweetness and the topping, my favorite part, was very tasty.

I also feasted on a dessert that I think was probably this peanut butter brownie trifle.  It was AMAZING.  AMAZING.  It sounds almost like too much, but it was not.  A small serving is all you need, though I wanted to take the bowl and lick it clean.  I will definitely be making this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment