Monday, December 19, 2011

Cookie Competition 2011

I entered my company's Christmas cookie competition this year and the best place I finished was third.  My third place cookie was Betty Crocker's Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillows.  This cookie, according to the website, was a prize winning cookie in 2009.  The prize was probably THIRD place.  I thought this was a delicious cookie and a chocolate lovers dream.  Some hints I learned:  

  • Cut the marshmallows with kitchen shears.  
  • When you first put the marshmallow in the cookie, it is not that important to push it down.  After you cook it for 2 minutes, THEN really push it down and make is spread over the entire cookie.

My other cookie, which did not place, but was delicious nonetheless, was Oatmeal Toffee Cookies.  These were super easy to make and I liked them alot.  I think nuts would have been nice in them as well.  Or maybe chocolate chips.

The winning cookie, also from Betty Crocker, was AMAZING!  It is a bar cookie, which makes it quicker to produce large quantities.  The Praline Crumb Caramel Cheesecake Bars are tasty as well as pretty.  Very nice choice for a cookie competition and I was happy to pass my trophy on to the winner and end my reign of 3 years running.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all know they felt bad awarding top prize to you year after year, not giving the other bakers a chance.

    ReplyDelete