Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cashew Chicken

This recipe for Cashew Chicken was found on Pinterest and is on my "main dishes to be made" board.  I prefer Chinese food with vegetables so I added snow peas and because I love them, a can of water chestnuts.  This turned out very tasty and once all the preparations are complete it comes together very quickly.  I started brown rice in my steamer an hour before eating.  Then I made the sauce and prepped the chicken tenders and put those in the ginger marinade for half an hour.  During the marinading time I trimmed up the snow peas and cut the garlic and green onions.  I took the chicken out of the refrigerator and let it come close to room temperature and cooked it in two batches.  I put the snow peas and water chestnuts in with the garlic and followed the recipe as written from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment