Sunday, February 5, 2012

Coconut Cake


I found this recipe for the BEST COCONUT CAKE and I had to try it.  It was delicious, maybe the best coconut cake ever and looks like a happy snowball.  My parents and I thought pineapple would have gone well with this cake and next time I will add some crushed pineapple in the filling.


The recipe calls for 2 bags of frozen coconut.  Frozen coconut?  Huh?  I had never heard of such a thing.   I found it in the freezer case within seconds, near the frozen fruit.  You defrost it and it is easy to work with and does not clump like the bagged coconut.  I enjoyed pressing it into the frosting though I did miss a spot or  two as my picture (unfortunately) shows.



Start the cake two days in advance as the filing needs to set up for a day, then you put the cake together and let it set up for another day.  I was not sure that the sweetened whipped cream would be a good frosting but it turned out nicely.  The cake is very moist and I will definitely make it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment