Monday, March 26, 2012

Cajun Shrimp and Okra

Last week I had dinner at a neighbor's house and she served shrimp and okra with crab meat.  It was DELICIOUS.  The base was not tomato and it was similar to a thick gumbo.  That meal got me craving okra and I found this recipe for Cajun shrimp and okra.  I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs rather than shrimp because I wanted lots of meat.  I followed the recipe exactly except I browned the chicken thighs until almost done and removed to a plate.  Then I continued with the recipe, putting the thighs back in and simmering about 30 minutes.  At that point, I removed the thighs, shredded, and returned to the pot. 

This was very good with nice flavor.  I think next time I will cook this in my crock pot, just throwing all ingredients in and letting it cook until the chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment