Friday, April 6, 2012

Easy Beef Enchiladas

I made the easiest beef enchiladas EVAH tonight.  I cannot remember the link to the recipe so I will replicate it here.  A picture is not required as most people know what enchiladas look like (especially us Texans).

Ingredients:

10-12 corn tortillas
28 oz red enchilada sauce (I like mild.  Extra Hot is inedible in my opinion)
1 lb ground beef
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray bottom and sides of 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Coat bottom of pan with 1 cup of enchilada sauce.

Brown ground beef and add seasonings as you like.  The original recipe said salt and pepper but I used fajita seasonings and I think cumin would be nice.  After browning, drain off fat.

Fill each tortilla with a couple spoonfuls each of meat and cheese.  Roll and place in prepared pan.  After dish is full of enchiladas pour remaining enchilada sauce on top.  Spread cheese down each enchilada.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until bubbly.  Let stand 15 minutes before serving.  YUM and so easy.  Next time I think I will add onions to the beef but otherwise very good, tasty recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment