Janet made this low calorie chili. It is a good recipe for using up all those cans in the pantry!
White Bean and Turkey Chili (modifies by Janet in bold)
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can refined beans
- 2 1.2 cups fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped ground turkey
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground turkey; sauté 10 minutes or until tender and golden. Add chili powder, garlic, and cumin; sauté for 2 minutes. Add oregano and kidney and black beans; cook for 30 seconds. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
Add refried beans and chopped tomatoes cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.