Thursday, June 7, 2012

Orzo with Shrimp and Tiny Peas

I have been craving pasta and I wanted to use up some frozen shrimp so I found this recipe for Orzo with Shrimp and Tiny Peas.  I LOVE peas and the lemon zest and juice in this recipe make it taste like summer.  I am not a huge fan of tarragon though I wanted to make the recipe as is.  The tarragon had a very mild flavor when chopped fine and next time I will add more. 

The lemon flavor dominates, which is a good thing.  The peas are crunchy and blend well with the mild shrimp and orzo.  

I was able to put this together in about 30 minutes, including having to thaw the shrimp and peas.  I think tomorrow it will taste even more flavorful as all the ingredients blend.  It should make great leftovers, served either cold or hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment