Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken

I have been craving something easy and light and with rice.  Every now and then I get on a rice kick.  This recipe for Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken fulfilled all of my requirements. I prefer dark chicken meat so I used boneless, skinless, chicken thighs.  I laid them on top, as per the recipe.  After 6 hours, I opened the crock pot and I was able to "shred" the chicken just by stirring it.  This was much simpler than removing it, letting it cool, shredding it and returning it to the pot.

The flavor, using the exact recipe, was very hot and spicy.  Fortunately, the rice cut that a bit, however next time I will use half of the cayenne.  You can also add more at the end, when you taste it!  I did use the entire bunches of both cilantro and green onions and it was fine.  Both almost cook away after 6 hours.

This is a hearty, one-dish meal (except for the rice) with many fresh flavors.  It will also freeze beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment