Monday, October 22, 2012

Crack Brownies*

*does not contain crack or any other illegal substance

I made these crack brownies for an office party.  I thought to myself "WOW, these have a lot of STUFF on top of the brownies...maybe I should leave some of it off".  Then I thought "self, what would Teresa do?  She would make the recipe as is the first time and the second time you can make changes".  Yes, that is what I would do.  I would add the peanuts, marshmallows, peanut butter cups, chocolate, peanut butter and rice crispies and see if these really were addictive.  THEY ARE and I am joining a 12 step program tomorrow.  

The brownie is just the stage to all the deliciousness on top.  Mostly, you taste chocolate, with a hint of peanut butter and a crunch of rice crispies.  I do not notice the peanuts at all and the marshmallows just add an "oohey goohey" factor.  

These are best when served cool so the chocolate does not melt.  And these will last a while.  I prepared them Thursday night, they were served Friday and the remaining were put in the refrigerator and I just had one today (Monday) and still just as fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment