Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sweet Potatoes and Snickerdoodles

I love snickerdoodles.  I think this is so because I love cinnamon.  Cinnamon would even be my code name should I become rich and famous and need to use an alias at hotel rooms.  But that is a story for a different blog.

This recipe for snickerdoodle bars promises a blondie that stays moist and soft.  And they do!  When I ate a bit while still warm I promise this was the best thing I had ever tasted.  Even when cooled they were delicious.  The baking time seems a little low so just check with a toothpick like you would with a cake.  The recipe says these are ready when the surface springs back to the touch but I say go with the toothpick method or these will be undercooked.

I am making a new sweet potatoes recipe for Thanksgiving.  I "tested" it on my coworkers at our Thanksgiving pot luck.  I wanted the potatoes to be warm without having to be microwaved so I cooked them in my slow cooker.  In my office.  It was awesome to smell the sweet potatoes and apple sauce wafting down my office hallway.  The recipe was super easy to put together the night before and then simply plug in the crockpot the next morning.  I cooked these on high for about 5 hours.  The potatoes were very tender and lightly sweetened without covering up the main flavor.  The toasted pecans, which you add at the end, were a nice crunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment