Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snickerdoodle Bread

A neighbor requested snickerdoodles, presumably cookies, but I had this recipe for snickerdoodle bread on my pinterest so I made it instead.  This recipe features a new ingredient for me:  cinnamon chips.  Funny thing - Walmart did not have any but HEB did.  They are made by Hershey's and as far as I can tell, there is no chocolate in it.  They look like little chocolate chips but instead are cinnamon goodness.

I bought disposable, mini loaf pans and this recipe did, indeed, make 4.  I had to bake it for more than the allotted time, so be mindful of that.  

This is more like a cake baked in a loaf pan than a bread.  It was moist and full of cinnamon goodness from the cinnamon in the batter, cinnamon chips and cinnamon and sugar on the top.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment