Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lemon Bar Cheesecake

My coworkers noted my lack of bringing in treats as of late and requested a sweet treat with cream cheese.  I compiled a list of several recipes from my Pinterest dessert board and they choose Lemon Bar Cheesecake.  It is essentially a cheesecake stuck in the middle of a lemon bar.  There are three steps... crust (which is like a short bread), lemon curd and cheesecake.  I made the crust and curd on Saturday and the cheesecake on Sunday.  

The crust was easy to prepare - all in a food processor and then rests in the refrigerator.  The lemon curd was made super simple using the microwave.  Finally, the cheesecake was rich and also easy to put together.  I used neufchatel cream cheese and this did not affect the taste at all.  I also prepared the cake in a 9 x 13 pan and this worked perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment