Monday, May 27, 2013

Sweet Breakfasts

I recently baked up some sweet treats for my coworkers and friends.  For my coworkers, I prepared Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins.  I was like a mad scientist with three bowls of components:  batter, cream cheese filling and topping.  I had some cream cheese filling left over after running out of batter and that was no good.  You can make muffins without filling but filling without batter is a snack.  Next time I make these I will be more generous with the filling to not have any left.  

The muffins were super moist with a nice flavor from the cinnamon.  And a struessel topping makes everything decadant.

I was charged with making breakfast this weekend and I picked Cinnamon Roll Casserole.  Sounds like heaven and tastes as good too!  It is very easy to put together using canned cinnamon rolls covered in a simple homemade custard, maple syrup and finished off with the packaged icing.  I skipped the pecans.  This was delicious and seemed to be even tastier the next day.  I highly recommend this simple recipe to dress up cinnamon rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment