Monday, June 3, 2013

Lasagna

I am sure everyone has a go-to lasagna recipe.  I do not.  I have tried several and there is always something I do not like about it.  Last night I made Pioneer Woman's recipe and I now have my winner!

First off, it looks pretty - you can clearly see the layers in my glass pan (sorry, no picture, but imagine).  Second, it is EASY to put together the homemade meat sauce and cheese layer.   I used no-boil lasagna noodles and this was all put together (including 45 minutes for the sauce to simmer) in an hour.  

The sauce is hearty and meaty.  I liked the flavor but you may want to throw in a few red pepper flakes for more heat.  The hot breakfast sausage gets a little washed out.  The whole tomatoes stay chunky so if you have a picky eater you may want to break those up some.  The simmering does a pretty good job but definitely are some big pieces at the end.

This is a delicious, simple, hearty lasagna recipe that I will stick with!

Now back to finding the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment