Monday, July 28, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake

The original poster of this cake calls it Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake.  Since there are 10 times more blueberries than lemon, I am going to call it BLUEBERRY lemon cake.  No matter what you call it, it is delicious and simple to make.  

The lemon flavor is very mild in the cake but highlighted in the glaze.  I used the juice of 2 lemons and the zest of 1 in the glaze in order to use up the juice in the lemon I zested for the cake.  Also, I do not think you can over do lemon!  The other changes I made were using whole milk with a tablespoon of vinegar to make it buttermilk, I pressed some extra blueberries in the top of the batter and I baked it in one bread pan.  This added about 20 minutes to the cooking time.

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake from chef-in-training.com …This recipe is HEAVENLY! Seriously melt-in-your-mouth good!

No comments:

Post a Comment