Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blue Cattle Truck Trading Co. Butterscotch Bars

This recipe for Butterscotch Bars was in the Wednesday edition of the Houston Chronicle.  For $5 a month I receive the paper on Sundays and Wednesdays.  Mostly the paper drives me crazy but I do appreciate the Food section and the coupons.  

I wanted to make this recipe because it has a meringue like topping.  There is a sugar cookie base, middle layer with butterscotch chips, pecans and coconut and on top, the brown sugar meringue.  It all blends together so the layers are not distinct and this results in a delicious bar that makes you wonder what all is going on here?!   Yum

The recipe should say that the butter is melted.  Also, I used the whole bag of chips.  I had about 1/3 cup of toffee chips and I put those in too.  I think the kitchen sink could be in that middle layer!  These are decadent.  No need to serve with cream or ice cream as suggested.  Unless you want to go into a diabetic coma.

(photo by Gary Coronado/Houston Chronicle)




No comments:

Post a Comment