Saturday, November 7, 2015

Cinnamon Rolls



I have made these cinnamon rolls before, but it has been several years. Other than requiring a few steps to allow the yeast to work, this is a simple bread recipe with no kneading!  Also, once you make the dough you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to three days!  That is what I did, and I only "punched" it down a couple times a day and it was fine in my covered dutch oven.  

I made one gigantic log with all of the dough, spreading it on my counter, making sure to have flour underneath and on the rolling pin.  The only trick is to make sure the dough is dry enough to work with.  Pour on the melted butter, sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon and roll into a log.  Mine looked like a baby boa constrictor.  I cut each roll using a flour scraper.  No need to transfer to a cutting board.  The only thing I did different from the recipe is I did not add coffee to the icing.

These are delicious and so much different than the kind you buy in the tube.  You can really taste the bread and these are sweet enough that you do not even need the icing.  Your house will smell amazing as these bake too!

No comments:

Post a Comment